Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Being Busy (not really)

Exams are here! They are upon us!

I have a couple of weeks and am resting it up at my holidays right now. It's a good idea to start studying for my upcoming exams, but not so! No! I shall never! Instead, I have been catching up on Bones episodes and half-watching Hollywood Blockbusters that I don't even like, such as G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Yes, I am so lame I am watching the first one when the sequel just came out. Even lamer, I didn't even finish it because I was so disinterested.

In all honesty, I am just procrastinating. I don't want to study for my exams, so I am doing anything to avoid studying. Looking at the books just reminds me how much work I still need to do and how little I actually know. It's daunting and I am afraid to begin.

Let me speak, instead, of The Godfather which I just viewed yesterday for the first time of my life. First off, I am a huge lover of old Hollywood films (so. much. glamour), so it was a bit of a shock to see the wonderful marlon Brando turn from this..


TO THIS..


Don't get me wrong. Vito Corleone is awesome in every sense of the word. But I was having a bit of trouble reconciling the incredibly youthful and attractive young man to the powerful Mafia crime boss. It was sad to realise the effects of old age on a face even as handsome as Marlon Brando's - rest in peace.

But aside from that, I was also shocked by how good-looking the young Al Pacino was. I watched the film with my friend and did not recognise him for the awkward ol' Shylock from the movie adaption of The Merchant of Venice until my friend pointed it out. Even then it took a lot of convincing and internet searching to confirm that Al Pacino does, in fact, play Michael Corleone. Wow. Again, TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment